- July Provision for children with Down syndrome
July Provision is the extended school year which is not available to the vast majority of children with Down syndrome, leaving them at a huge educational disadvantage.
- The current issues relating to Individual Education Plans (IEPs) at post primary schools
Teachers’ Unions the ASTI and TUI have both recently advised their members to stop providing these critical planning processes for children with additional educational needs due to resource issues. IEPs are vital to ensure a positive learning environment for students with Down syndrome.
We also ask that you please sign this online petition calling for July Provision to be provided to children with Down syndrome.
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL TDS AND SENATORS ASKING THEM TO ATTEND
Please help us ensure your voice is heard and ask your local elected representative to attend the briefing and hear why we are calling for adequate education resources for your child.
You can find the FULL LIST of TDs and Senators here: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/members/.
List of Ministers, TDs and Senators linked to education:
- Minister for Education and Skills Joe McHugh – email@example.com
- Minister of State for Training, Skills, Innovation, Research and Development John Halligan – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minister of State at the Department of Education with special responsibility for Higher Education Mary Mitchell O’Connor – email@example.com
- Senator Maria Byrne Seanad Spokesperson on Education and Skills – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Independent party Committee on Education and skills, Senator Lynn Ruane email@example.com
- Fianna Fáil Spokesperson on Education, Senator Robbie Gallagher firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sinn Féin Spokesperson on Education in the Seanad, Senator Paul Gavan email@example.com
- Fianna Fáil Cultural and Educational Panel, Senator Lorraine Clifford-Lee – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fine Gael Cultural and Educational Panel, Senator Gabrielle McFadden – email@example.com
- Fine Gael Cultural and Educational Panel, Kieran O’Donnell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fianna Fáil Cultural and Educational Panel, Senator Dr Keith Swanick – email@example.com
- Sinn Fein Cultural and Educational Panel, Senator Fintan Warfield – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fianna Fáil Spokesperson on Education, Thomas Byrne TD – email@example.com
Sinn Féin Spokesperson on Education & Skills, Kathleen Funchion TD – firstname.lastname@example.org
Green Party Spokesperson on Education, Catherine Martin TD – email@example.com
Fine Gael Spokesperson on Education, Tony McLoughlin – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fine Gael Spokesperson on Education, Hildegrade Naughton – email@example.com
Fianna Fáil Chair on Education, Fiona O’Loughlin – firstname.lastname@example.org
Labour Party Spokesperson on Education, Jan O’Sullivan – email@example.com
Solidarity/People Before Profit, Bríd Smith TD – firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Democrats Catherine Murphy TD for Kildare North – email@example.com
Social Democrats Róisín Shortall TD for Dublin North-West – firstname.lastname@example.org