Our behaviour and transitions conferences will benefit both parents and professionals from the knowledge and expertise of the individual presenters. This is a great opportunity to interact with and learn from teachers and other educational professionals.
Presentations and discussions at each conference will highlight areas such as the behavioural issues that may arise in the classroom setting; and behavioural issues that may arise as a result of hearing, vision and other medical needs.
Differentiation of work to meet the needs of individual children will also be discussed and attendees will have the opportunity to participate in workshops focused on adapting and differentiating the curriculum at both primary and post-primary levels.
A choice of individual afternoon sessions will also be available, with attendees having the opportunity to attend one of four sessions which may include:
- Impact of Speech & Language Disorders on Behaviour
- Minimising the Impact of Transition from Primary to Post Primary School
- Junior Cycle at Post Primary School – L2LP; L1LP; Junior Certificate Level 3
- Dual Diagnosis of ASD and Down Syndrome – Dealing with Behavioural Issues
The availability of each of these individual sessions will depend on sufficient numbers attending the conference and the number of attendees selecting a particular session when booking.
Due to the high cost of hosting a conference, each conference must have a sufficient number of participants to run the event. A decision will be taken a week prior to each of the below dates in relation to cancellation of a particular conference (due to insufficient number booked).
Any attendee already booked will be given the option of transferring to another venue or having a refund.
We welcome all people who are part of the team supporting the student with Down syndrome, including parents, teachers, SNAs and other professionals
Conference dates, locations and time
This conference will be held in a number of different locations over the coming months:
- November 14th: Tower Hotel, Waterford
- November 21st: Donegal Education Centre, Donegal Town
- November 28th: Killeshin Hotel, Portlaoise
Updated programme for our Donegal Conference:
Due to the very small numbers booking for our conference in Donegal on November 21st, the programme for the day has been revised and a number of new topics have been added. The topics will cover the age range from starting Primary school through to the Junior Cycle at Post Primary School.
The topics will cover:
- Hearing, Vision & Medical issues
- Literacy & Numeracy
- Differentiation of Work
- Supporting Continuing Speech & Language Development- Primary Stage
- Supporting Continuing Speech & Language Development- Post – Primary Stage
- Starting Primary School
- Transition to Post Primary School & Junior Cycle.
Conference: 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
To book your ticket, please select the correct option below.
Please note, there are two ticket price options available, €30 and €50.
- The €30 ticket is a discounted option for members of a Down Syndrome Ireland Branch or a person attending in support of a member (details required at purchase).
- The €50 ticket is the standard price for those who wish to attend (non-members / not supporting a member).
You will be required at the sale to enter details regarding which conference location you wish to attend, capacity for attending, choice of afternoon session (1st and 2nd) and food allergies.
Car parking information for the Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Car parking is complimentary at the Maldron Hotel
Head for Shamrock Rovers Stadium, across from the Stadium there is a set of traffic lights, just slightly past this take a right. Delegates will come to a small roundabout, go straight through until you see the underground car park. Please take a ticket to enter the parking facility.
To follow all the underground signs to the designated hotel car parking spaces, there are 200 available. Please ensure that you park in a space that is marked with “HOTEL” to avoid clamping and towing.
All tickets will be validated at reception upon departure.