Supporting a student with Down syndrome in Post-Primary School
Co Wexford Education Centre, Enniscorthy, Wexford
Thursday, January 24th, 2019
9:30am – 4:30pm
This one day conference will be presented by:
Fidelma Brady, National Education Officer
Nicola Hart, National Speech and Language Advisor
Lisa Martin, Director of Adult Education
We welcome all people who are part of the team supporting the student with Down syndrome, including parents, teachers, SNAs and other professionals.
Topics covered will vary depending on questions raised by participants, but usually include:
1. The Benefits of Inclusion at Post-Primary Level
2. Understanding and Addressing Specific Learning Needs
3. Accessing the Curriculum – Differentiation of Work
4. Pathway through Post Primary School
• Emotional & Social Development
• Developing Independence
• Mental Wellness in Teenagers with DS
6. Moving on from Post Primary School
• The transition to adult education
• Post school options including Employment
Booking: The cost of the conference is €30.00 which includes lunch, teas and coffees.
Closing date for registration is the 12th of December.
Contact: For questions or queries contact Anne-Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org.