Senior Speech and Language Therapist (Cork)
Senior Speech and Language Therapist
Scope of the role
Cork branch of Down Syndrome Ireland requires an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of the Speech & Language Therapy service for the Cork branch of Down Syndrome Ireland.
This post involves joining an experienced team, working alongside SLT’s currently employed by National office. A mixture of direct and indirect therapy will be required. The successful candidate will need to be conﬁdent working with all age groups, from birth to adulthood. Linking in with pre-schools, schools and adult training centres will be essential.
Down Syndrome Ireland Cork Branch
The Cork branch provides extra services and support to our members from birth- adults. The base for this post will be at our office in Ballincollig- this post will also require work in the wider community including outreach bases, schools and other relevant venues. .
Qualifications and Experience
- Speech & Language therapy with at least four years’ experience in intellectual disability services
- Recognised qualiﬁcation in Speech and Language Therapy
- Current CORU registration
- Current IASLT membership
- Experience of assessment and therapy for children and adults with Down syndrome
- Experience of Lámh and other Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Experience delivering training workshops to parents and teachers
Role and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and deliver the Speech & Language Therapy service for the Cork branch of Down Syndrome Ireland.
- Collaborate with service users, families, carers and other professionals in goal setting and intervention planning in an efficient and timely manner whilst ensuring a holistic approach.
- Be responsible for assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of intervention programmes for service users
- Deliver a range of therapeutic models appropriate to the client population.
- Generate and manage documentation in respect of assessments, diagnoses, intervention plans, and clinical notes
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by SLT Coordinator and Head of Services
- SLT Coordinator (Clinically)
- Head of Services (Operationally)
- Down Syndrome Ireland Senior Management
Key working relationships
- Cork Branch Committee
- National Office
- Committee Members
Hours of work and location
The post is fulltime working 40 hours per week and is flexible in the design of the weekly roster. The role is based primarily in our location in Ballincollig
€57,450 depending on experience (DOE)
- Hybrid working
- Flexible hours
- Additional annual leave
Do not delay, email your cover letter and curriculum vitae in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th May 5pm