Down Syndrome Ireland – Shop Wars
Down Syndrome Ireland currently has five very busy charity shops in Clondalkin village, Finglas village, the GPO Arcade, Kimmage and Kilbarrack Shopping Centre.
We are looking for corporate teams to take on the exciting challenge to compete against each other by taking over and running our shops for a day. Teams will use their creative and entrepreneurial skills to drive shop sales and the team that raises the most money at the end of the day will wins the Down Syndrome Ireland ‘Shop Wars’ trophy.
How it works:
- Your team will be designated one of our Dublin shops for the day and decide on a team name.
- You will have a Down Syndrome Ireland Shop Manager or Supervisor on hand throughout the day to assist team members and also to man the till.
- It’s all about sales and fundraising on the day, so your team can have in-shop raffles, collection buckets and cake sales, as well as securing donations of stock to sell from colleagues and clients in the lead up to the event.
- ‘Shop Wars’ involves creative teamwork – a little sweet treat to tempt customers into your shop, teams in fancy dress, music and entertainment or an original shop window to attract attention.
- Teams are encouraged to use social media channels #ShopWars4DSI in the lead up to and on the day itself to help drive shop sales.
- Participating companies match the money raised by the winning ‘Shop Wars’ team.
Benefits to Companies:
- An original and exciting team building challenge for employees.
- Encourages healthy competition between teams.
- Good publicity and engagement through social media activity.
- Positive association with a well-known and highly respected national charity.
- Increased awareness of company’s CSR activities.
- A fun and memorable day for all involved!
Testimonials from recent ‘Shop Wars’ corporate participants:
“Team Hearts on Hands, aka the IBM Sales Enablement team – our strategy: drive awareness for Down Syndrome Ireland, pull the team together, have some fun and by doing all this, make loads of money for DSI. Hard work, a very long day but so unbelievably rewarding. My team were amazing and did themselves proud, did IBM proud and most of all, they did Down Syndrome Ireland proud!”
– Jane (Team Leader: IBM Digital Sales)
“We encouraged senior management to take part and there was great competition! We had such good fun with the customers, we really want to do it again and raise even more money for Down Syndrome Ireland” – Andrew Burke Hannon (Charity Committee Ambassador: Nestle)
“I could not believe the hard work it was! I was amazed how busy our teams were and how great it was to raise money with the customers in the GPO Mall. We worked tirelessly for a great cause and want to do it with more of the DSI shops next time.” – Neil Guinan (CEO: AXA MPS Financial)
If you would like to participate in Down Syndrome Ireland’s ‘Shop Wars’ or
want further details please call Kathleen Fitzsimons on 01 4266500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org