Registration Fee €190:
- 2 Tour de Leinster jerseys
- All tea/coffee/lunch stops
- Full experienced support crew: outriders, medics etc.
- Luggage vans: Day van and overnight luggage van
- Sunday evening home coming reception
Hotel Costs €195:
Each cyclist in signing up to participate in the Tour must agree to cover certain costs. These costs include:
- 3 nights bed and breakfast (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
- 3 evening meals
- Everyone under one roof
- Price based on per person sharing. Please contact Sandra on 01 426 6500 if you have any queries in relation to the accommodation
Total Cost €385
Once paid up, each participant has their accommodation and all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and all snacks) paid for. They also get the benefit of having a very experienced support crew looking after them for the duration of the event.
A luggage van will take their overnight bags to their hotel whilst the day bag van will follow the event, thus making essential items such as dry clothing etc. available throughout each day.
The cyclists will also have the honour of cycling with Stephen Roche during the tour. A legend in his own right, Stephen Roche won numerous titles and accolades in his career including Tour de France and Giro D’italia.
Sponsorship Required €500 (Returned to DSI by October 31st):
Each cyclist will be supplied with a sponsorship pack as part of their registration. This pack will include sponsorship cards and posters.
There are many ways cyclists can raise the required sponsorship and cyclists can be as inventive as you like. Some ideas are below:
- Put sponsorship cards and posters out in your workplace, local pub, with friends and family
- Create online sponsorship page (Everyday Hero, Just Giving, iDonate)
- Approach local businesses and contacts for sponsorship
- Run an event locally – a spinaton, head shave, table quiz etc.
- Organise a bag pack at your local supermarket
- Organise a bake sale, car boot sale
- Organise a bucket collection – at work, college, local town (please note that public collections will require a Garda permit)
- Get together with a couple of other TDL cyclist to raise the money – this might make it easier to organise an event
Down syndrome Ireland are happy to assist in whatever way we can with fundraising and can supply t-shirts and buckets for fundraising activities. Please contact Sandra on 01 426 6500 for any assistance.
Each cyclist will receive two Tour de Leinster jerseys as part of their registration fee. Jersey order forms and sizing information will be circulated to registered cyclists in the run up to the event. Cyclists must wear Tour de Leinster jerseys for the duration of the Tour.