Our Vision, Mission and Purpose
We work towards a society that enables all people with Down syndrome to participate to their fullest potential, as equal members with full entitlement as Irish citizens.
Down Syndrome Ireland supports people with Down syndrome and their families in their communities. We strive to provide consistent, high-quality advice, support and information to every person with Down syndrome to ensure that whatever their stage of life they have a network to support them.
Our purpose is to create the environment for people with Down syndrome to achieve their potential, with a particular focus on health, education, employment, and life in the community. Down Syndrome Ireland is a confederation of local branches, who work together to ensure consistency, quality and a common approach which celebrates, supports, and advocates for people with Down syndrome.
- Inclusivity: We strive to create a society where people with Down syndrome are supported, valued and integral members of their communities and we demonstrate that inclusivity in our own work.
- Passion: We will fight tirelessly to enrich the lives of people with Down syndrome and their families through our work and support Nationwide.
- Integrity: We will act with honesty, accountability, and professionalism at all levels of the organisation.
- Respect: Everyone should be supported to live a meaningful, rewarding, healthy, and happy life.
- Collaboration: Together we are stronger. Sharing information, knowledge and expertise improves outcomes for everyone both
locally and nationally.
Our Memorandum and Articles of Association
Download our Memorandum and Articles of Association