Vacancies / careers
Down Syndrome Ireland (DSI) is the national charity for people with Down syndrome and their families in Ireland, supporting over 3,500 members across 25 branches nationwide. We are working to achieve an optimal quality of life for people with Down syndrome, as equally valued, independent citizens.
Regional Resource Officer Galway (Part-time: Initial 1 year term contract)
The roles of Regional Resource Officers will be responsible for developing, coordinating and delivering a range of information services related to the care and support of people with Down syndrome and their families in the regions they are serving.
Role Duties & Responsibilities will include:
The provision of front-line information support services to people with Down syndrome, their families and the wider professional community that interact with DSI members by phone, email and face to face.
The development of an information database to include the compilation of contact persons and organisations working in the areas of early development, education, employment, service-provision, individualised funding and health.
The maintenance of a database of Down syndrome members in their region, and the type of services that are being requested and provided to each age group locally.
Establishing and maintaining effective communications within the regional area (branches) and with the National Office of DSI. Communicating the needs of local members and accessing the support of DSI’s national Member Support Team where appropriate.
Providing local support for any national initiatives run by Down Syndrome Ireland, for example providing information and support to schools or active involvement in training and employment projects.
Taking responsibility for local delivery of training programmes developed by the National Member Support Team. The Regional Officers will also be charged with progressing particular area of priority for the branches in which they work. This may involve the development and implementation of particular local projects or initiatives.
Requirements (Person Specification):
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, experience and abilities as a minimum requirement:
- A proven track record or appropriate qualification in Community Development, Health / Social Care, Education or Disability.
- Capacity to fulfil the role with confidence, professionalism, empathy and a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully on own initiative and as part of a wider team.
- A mature approach to coping with challenging situations.
- A keen understanding and awareness of people with Down syndrome.
- A high level of computer literacy.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 pm March 1st.
Accounts Assistant (Permanent- Full Time)
Down Syndrome Ireland (DSI) now requires an Accounts Assistant to join our existing accounts team. Previous accounts experience and or an accounting qualification is an advantage but full training will be provided.
Develop an exciting career in one of Ireland’s leading Charities.
Hours: 9.30am to 5.00pm Monday – Friday
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day activities of Charity’s Accounts.
- Processing income and expenditure transactions
- Updating the CRM and Financial system
- Assisting with audit preparation.
- Liaising with the Charity’s national Office and Branch offices team to ensure a high standard of accounting controls and record keeping.
- Supporting the management team in various key activates including member services, fundraising and communications.
- Ensure management reports, including regulatory, funding and revenue reports are produced to the required standards
- Managing the Charity’s Bank accounts
- Liaising and management of key third-party services that relate to the accounting function.
Down Syndrome Ireland, Unit 3 Park Way House, Western Parkway
Business Park, Ballymount Drive, Dublin D12 HP70
Please forward a CV and Cover letter to Willie Lewins at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, March 13th 2019.
We have some exciting job offers available for adults with Down syndrome in 2019!
Carlingford Adventure Centre
- Catering Assistant
- Hospitality & housekeeping
- Admin assistant (working in reception)
- Assisting Instructor on activities e.g laser tag/pay & play
DSI CHARITY SHOPS