Charity of the Year 2019: Smurfit Kappa Foundation
SMURFIT KAPPA FOUNDATION is supporting us to develop a Regional Resource Centre in Swinford Co Mayo. It will serve all our families in the West and other branches in the area.
Our Specialists will be providing all the support services in this centre:
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Early Intervention training
- Educational Training for young adults (3-year course)
- Regional Resource Specialist training
- Educational Conference for Parents, Teachers and Professors
- Meeting rooms with potential employers – only 5% of people with Down syndrome are employed, our Ability Programme (employment and educational programmes), whereby we are upskilling and retraining young adults so that they have the right skillset to find meaningful employment.
We are so grateful to the Smurfit Kappa Foundation for all the help they are giving us to provide this much needed centre for our family network in the West.