Scope of the role
The Tipperary branch of Down Syndrome Ireland requires a Speech and Language Therapist to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of the Speech & Language Therapy service for the Tipperary branch of Down Syndrome Ireland.
This post involves joining an experienced team, working alongside SLT’s currently employed by National office. A mixture of direct and indirect therapy will be required. The successful candidate will need to be conﬁdent working with all age groups, from birth to adulthood. Linking in with pre-schools, schools and adult training centres will be essential.
Down Syndrome Ireland
Tipperary Branch Down Syndrome Tipperary is made up of parents and family members working together to ensure all our members with Down syndrome can reach their full potential. Membership of our branch is renewed annually. We are an elected committee of four: Branch Chairperson, Branch Treasurer, Grants Administrator and Secretary/Coordinator of Services. We have elected members who attend national council meetings on behalf of our branch.
We also have a coordinator of speech and language, a tutor service, and a social events coordinator. Sub committees occasionally are formed with the approval of branch committee and members. Geographically we cover north and south Tipperary.
Qualifications and Experience Experience Required:
• Speech & Language Therapist with previous experience in intellectual disability services
• Recognised qualiﬁcation in Speech and Language Therapy
• Current CORU registration
• Current IASLT membership
• Experience of assessment and therapy for children and adults with Down syndrome
• Experience of Lámh and other Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
• Experience delivering training workshops to parents and teachers
Roles and Responsibilities Duties & Responsibilities
• Co-ordinate and deliver the Speech & Language Therapy service for the Tipperary branch of Down Syndrome Ireland.
• Collaborate with service users, families, carers and other professionals in goal setting and intervention planning in an efficient and timely manner whilst ensuring a holistic approach.
• Be responsible for assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of intervention programmes for service users
• Deliver a range of therapeutic models appropriate to the client population.
• Generate and manage documentation in respect of assessments, diagnoses, intervention plans, and clinical notes
• Ad-hoc duties as requested by Senior Management and Branch Committee
Reporting arrangements Tipperary Branch Committee
Down Syndrome Ireland Senior Management
Key working relationships
Hours of work and location
The post is fulltime working 40 hours per week and is flexible in the design of the weekly roster. The role is based primarily in our location Meitheal 21, Abbey Road, Thurles. Co Tipperary.
37k- 39k depending on experience (DOE)
Benefits Hybrid working
Additional annual leave
Do not delay, email your cover letter and curriculum vitae in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
, closing date for applications is May 24th 2023.