A new dedicated section of online video resources for teachers and parents has just been launched, the videos highlight a number of key points regarding the various educational stages for children with Down syndrome.
The seminars were developed by three members of our Member Support Team – Nicola Hart (Head of Member Support); Olive Buckeridge (Early Years Specialist) and Fidelma Brady (Education Specialist) as a vital support for both parents and teachers at this most difficult time.
They cover the following topics on educational developmental needs:
- Literacy & Numeracy at Primary School
- In- Class Behaviour Management
- Specific Learning Needs of the Student with Down Syndrome
- Pathway through Junior Cycle
- Managing the Transition from Primary to Post Primary School
- Accessing the Curriculum – Differentiation of Work
- Strategies and Supports for Children Transitioning to Mainstream Primary School
- Language & Communication
- Managing Vision & Hearing Issues
- Introduction to Behaviour
- Mental Well Being
- Dual Diagnosis
Each of the above videos can be viewed for free on our Online Educational resource page.